News + Updates
Topic of the Month:
What Can You Do to Build Your Self-Esteem?
- Take Healthy Risks
- Change Your Self-Talk
- Find Role-Models, Sponsors, Mentors, or Teachers
- Treat Yourself with Love & Respect
- Surround Yourself with Positive People
- Match Your Actions with Your Goals.
Take Healthy Risks
Take the risk of learning new things and increasing your skill set. Maybe you want to learn how to play an instrument or start a new craft. If you never take risks, you will never learn. Don’t be afraid of looking “stupid.” You have to learn the basics of everything before you can be proficient in something!
Change Your Self-Talk
Every mistake you make is not life-ending or catastrophic. Be kind to yourself. If you constantly beat yourself up for mistakes you make, you undermine yourself and run the risk of destroying your self-esteem.Try making statements like this instead:
- I am learning.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I am good enough.
- I am important.
Find Positive Role Models
Match Your Actions with Your Goals
Take actions that align with your goals! If you want to be happy, make sure you are taking the action to participate in activities that make you happy. One of our favorite tips, “To gain self-esteem, participate in esteemable acts.”
Some Extra Tips
- Have a positive attitude and outlook on life. Try to see the glass half-full always.
- Don’t be ashamed to talk to those you love and trust when you are struggling. Have a support team to help guide you when you need assistance.
- Do everything with a purpose. Put you best foot forward in everything you do!
- Listen to your body and what it needs. Be conscious of what you need and listen to your intuition.
- Be active and try to eat healthier. Go for a walk or bike-ride, work-out at a gym, stretch, or practice yoga. Try to eat foods that nourish your body.
- Set time aside for yourself. Practice self-care and find things to do that make you happy and meet your needs.
That’s it for this month, friends! As always, we are so grateful to have you as a part of our family. We hope you have a great month and even practice some of the tips outlined in this newsletter! As always, do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need help, we are here to serve you!
WITH PASSION AND PURPOSE,